Title: Engineering Support Technician
Department: Product Solutions (PS) UK
Position reports into: Engineering Manager – Product Solutions UK
Location: Cramlington, UK
Braden is a recognised leading supplier of auxiliary equipment to the major Gas Turbine OEMs and a trusted leading supplier of auxiliary equipment aftermarket products and services to Gas Turbine operators, namely turnkey project execution of equipment repair, refurbishment, upgrade and retrofit, which deliver engine operational performance improvements, emissions and noise abatement and equipment life extension.
With design offices in Europe and North America, backed by 50 years of innovation and a strong commitment to client excellence, Braden delivers performance and product efficiencies for our customers in the power generation, oil & gas, petrochemical and industrial sectors. Our offices are strategically located to ensure global access to our expertise, combined with a local focus in everything we do.
Summary of Role
Supporting the Air Intake Product Solutions Business Unit, working within a cross-functional team, the Engineering Support Technician role is a key interface between engineering and manufacturing/purchasing during the execution of Global energy projects with scope for future development opportunities within a growing business.
Essential job functions
- Preparation of manufacturing drawing issuance packages.
- Issuance of manufacturing / client deliverable drawing packages.
- Control of drawing / BOM (Bill of materials).
- Producing ECI’s (Engineering change instructions).
- Handling of manufacturing queries.
- Creation of project specific manuals and documentation.
- Control of part information transfer to purchasing system.
Skills and abilities
- Excellent computer skills, i.e. Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint.
- Ability to understand, interpret and communicate engineering drawings.
- Good understanding of manufacturing / engineering processes.
- Takes initiative when resolving problems.
- Has strong analytical skills and an innovative approach to work.
- Highly organized and has a high level of accuracy.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines in a busy, fast paced environment and ability to switch rapidly between tasks.
- Is flexible, reacts to changes productively and can set priorities.
- Motivated to learn, willing to take training lessons, improve skills.
Apply at email@example.com with your CV and cover letter.