Title: Logistics Coordinator
Business Unit/Department: Business Support Service Procurement
Position reports into: Manager of Projects – UK
Location: Cramlington, UK
Responsible for the execution of requested logistics (internal and external), transport orders and related shipping documents.
Essential job functions
- Act as a first point of contact for both the business and the external service providers for all shipping requirements
- Issues enquiries and/or purchase transport orders with the limits of delegated authority and in accordance with division policies and procedures.
- Organizes transportation within the requested delivery time and in accordance with division policies and procedures.
- Ensures economical and timely methods of materials in and out of packing facility.
- Receives and distributes the required transport (customs) documentation: packing lists, bills of lading, certificates of origin, marking instructions, MRN, EXA etc.
- Keeps and traces records of forwarders for on time deliveries.
- Advises subcontractors on deliveries and checks that all goods were accurately received.
- Coordinates and administers customs related issues.
- Monitors progress against required schedules and keeps colleagues and other departments advised.
- Checks and approves incoming invoices (transport related) with regard to compliance and correctness.
- Entry of packing information into customer notification system like Kanlog (Siemens), WMSA (General Electric) etc (Excel skills required).
- Works closely together with Buyer and Project managers.
- Assists management in ensuring efforts are made to achieve department objectives efficiently.
- Participates in departmental process improvement initiatives.
- Accepts work assignments that could require additional training.
- Performs other essential tasks as assigned.
- Willingness to travel occasionally when required.
- Weekly visit to the packing facilities locally to monitor progress/status.
Skills and abilities
- Excellent understanding of Incoterms.
- Knowledge of import / export process / Duties and Tariffs.
- Excellent computer skills, i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and ERP.
- Demonstrates a motivation to provide fast, accurate and complete customer service at all times.
- Ability to work well with others and to interact with individuals at all organizational levels; conducts self in polite and professional manner.
- Uses resources effectively to generate solutions; takes initiative when resolving problems.
- Highly organized, strong attention to detail and a high level of accuracy.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines in a busy, fast paced environment and ability to switch rapidly between tasks.
- Is flexible, reacts to changes productively and is able to set priorities.
- Able to work independently as well as in a team.
- Motivated to learn, willing to take training lessons, improve skills.
Education / Experience
- Demonstrable Logistics environment as either a Lead or Point of contact for the business
- Has experience in a logistics environment; preferably gained in a technical/engineering environment.
- Has experience with monitoring suppliers and custom-related matters: export and import documentation, certificates of origin/EUR 1 etc.