Title: Junior Design Engineer (full time)
Location: Heerlen – The Netherlands
Braden Group is a leading supplier of specialized and balanced solutions for air, handling, noise mitigation, emissions control, energy storage and gas turbine auxiliary support systems.
Braden’s equipment enable and manage the “clean” airflow of the system and grid stabilization, for those who generate clean power energy worldwide. Our knowledge of systems and equipment supplied contributes to facilitate the realization of a low carbon economy. Braden, working in concert with all focused on a cleaner world, will use its technical competence to participate in achieving that global goal “a Greener World”.
We believe that the power of our success is driven by our talented employees. The long standing Excellence of our Products can only be achieved through the hard work, dedication, and collaborative efforts of our employees.
Braden Europe is a part of the Braden Group. The Heerlen location serves as the corporate head as well as where Braden Europe – Plant Upgrade Solutions (BEUR-PUS) & Product Solutions (BEUR-PS) resides. BEUR-PUS serves the global power industry in designing and fabricating emissions control systems for gas turbine power plants to reduce NOx and CO emissions. We also are involved with the design, fabrication and installation of plant retrofits of gas turbine exhaust auxiliary equipment to extend the working life of the asset. BEUR-PUS is looking for additional members to join our team as we grow to meet the rising global demand for our products and services.
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
Assists the BU-Lead Engineer in project execution of custom designed metal fabrications for use in gas turbine power plants worldwide. In this role the engineer is expected to be able to model in Inventor as well as learn to produce the requisite calculations to assist in product design. Successful candidate will learn to produce documentation for sub-contract fabricators to build as well as learn to specify and select major buy out components.
TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs design, detail, and/or checking, as assigned, on structural, mechanical and electrical or piping components and assemblies in Inventor;
- Interface with sub-contract fabricators and component suppliers;
- Prepares accurate fabrication and customer drawings on gas turbine auxiliary equipment, ina productive manner within the allowed project time frame;
- Provides complete and accurate bills of material and correlates bills of material to applicable design drawings;
- Accepts work assignments that could require additional training;
- Work planning structurally based on time commitment and deadlines of the deliverables;
- Reports progress at the given interval and raise attention when problem is discovered orforeseen;
- Performs other essential tasks as assigned;
Willingness to travel short term (under 1 week) is required on limited occasions.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Excellent computer skills, i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook;
- Knowledge in 3D Inventor: knowledge of electrical or controls is a plus;
- Good knowledge of English, spoken and written;
- Thorough knowledge of drafting, engineering standards and fabrication techniques,European or otherwise;
- Ability to understand, interpret and communicate engineering drawings and other technicaldocuments;
- Proactive and self-managing.
- Ability to work well with others and to interact with individuals at all organizational levels; conducts self in polite and professional manner;
- Motivated to learn, willing to take training lessons, improve skills;
- Demonstrates a motivation to provide fast, accurate and complete customer service at alltimes;
- Ability to work well with others and to interact with individuals at all organizational levels;conducts self in polite and professional manner;
- Good organized and has a high level of accuracy;
- Good communication skills;
- Ability to meet deadlines in a busy, fast paced environment and ability to switch rapidlybetween tasks;
- Is flexible, reacts to changes productively and can set priorities.
- Bachelor degree in mechanical engineering, HTS-WTB preferably or similar;
- Exposure to 3D modelling: Inventor preferred;
- Knowledge of metal fabrication and design preferred;
- Ability for some limited travel for training;
- Working knowledge of English;
- Ability to provide a certificate of good conduct (VOG);
- Market-based salary;
- 25 leave days based on full-time employment;
- Development opportunities within our international organization;
- After one year a permanent employment agreement is envisaged;
- Opportunity to work in a company with growth ambitions;
- Possibility of working in an international, dynamic environment with enthusiasticcolleague’s;
- Open culture and short communication lines;
- Professional and modern facilitated offices, easily accessible through public transport.
Please send your motivation letter and CV to: Sollicitatie@braden.com