Department: Product Solutions BRUK
Position reports into: Engineering Manager – Product Solutions BRUK
Braden is a recognised leading supplier of auxiliary equipment to the major Gas Turbine OEMs and a trusted leading supplier of auxiliary equipment aftermarket products and services to Gas Turbine operators around the globe.
With design offices in Europe and North America, backed by 50 years of innovation and a strong commitment to client excellence Braden deliver performance and product efficiencies for our customers in the power generation, oil & gas, petrochemical, and industrial sectors. Our offices are strategically located to ensure global access to our expertise, combined with a local focus in everything we do.
Summary of Role
Supporting the continued growth of BRUK Product Solutions Business Unit, the mechanical design engineer’s role is primarily supporting the Project Lead Engineer with direct output in way of 3D models, 2D drawings and detailed part drawings.
The role is primarily based within the Braden UK office however occasional travel both domestic and overseas may be necessary to participate in face-to-face client reviews as required.
Essential job functions
- An excellent working knowledge of both Inventor and Auto-cad latest versions.
- 3D Sheet Metal modelling skills.
- Use of Autodesk Vault environment.
- Review and interpretation of customer specifications.
- Must be able to work independently and / or part of a team environment.
- Participate in both Internal and External design gate reviews.
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally as required.
- Performs other essential tasks as assigned.
Skills and abilities
- Excellent computer skills, i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook, & PowerPoint
- Knowledge in the use of Auto-cad and 3D Inventor latest versions.
- Knowledge of drafting, engineering standards and fabrication techniques.
- Ability to understand, interpret and communicate engineering drawings.
- Understands and can interpret international codes and standards, and customer technical specifications.
- Previous experience of piping engineered solutions would be of additional benefit.
- Demonstrates a motivation to provide fast, accurate and complete customer service always.
- Ability to work well with others and to interact with individuals at all organizational levels; conducts self in polite and
- professional manner.
- Uses resources effectively to generate solutions; takes initiative when resolving problems.
- Has strong analytical skills and an innovative approach to work.
- Highly organized and has a high level of accuracy.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines in a busy, fast paced environment and ability to switch rapidly between tasks.
- Is flexible, reacts to changes productively and can set priorities.
- Motivated to learn, willing to take training lessons, improve skills.
Education / Experience
Preferred minimum 3 years of mechanical engineering experience in a similar position.